Also Read: Use your iPhone as a high-quality mic for PC
Steps to record sound from computer without a mic
- Open Control Panel and navigate to “Hardware and Sounds”. Then click on “Sound”. The sound dialog box will now appear.
- Now switch to the recordings tab. Right click on stereo mix option and click enable. Disable any other mics if any. If you don’t see the stereo mix option, read the FAQ given at the end of this post.
- Now right click on stereo mix and choose properties. Switch to the “levels” tab and set the stereo mix level to 50. This will help record sounds without any distortions.
- Click Ok to close the properties panel and again click ok to close the sound dialog box.
- Now open up your sound recorder. There is an app called “Voice Recorder” in windows 10 or you can download other from the windows store.
- Play the sound with maximum volume and hit record. Disable stereo mix once the recording is over. Re-enable the disabled mics(if any).
- If you cannot find the “Stereo Mix” icon on the “Recording” tab, right-click on an empty space within the box and click “Show Disabled Devices.” Right-click “Stereo Mix” and click “Enable” to turn the function on.
- Update your audio drivers.
- If you see an option called Mono Mix or Wave Out Mix instead of Stereo Mix,don’t worry because they all have the same functions
- Remove passwords from PDF for free
- Ten windows 10 shortcuts that you can’t live without
- Monitor internet usage in windows 10
- Compress images to extremely small sizes using photoshop
Leave your thoughts and suggestions in the comments. Please share this post with your friends.