NOTE: This tutorial is shared only for educational purposes. Adsense Publishers and other publishers should take extra care when implementing this. Only use custom thumbnails that represent the theme of the video and don’t use misleading clickbait thumbnails. Codegena won’t be responsible for any violations as a result of it.
How does it work?
This trick is intended for users who are looking to
- display a higher resolution image in the embed player.
- display a slightly different image for better click-through
How to Change Youtube Thumbnail In Embed Player?
Use the following embed code to change the youtube thumbnail image.
- Replace the
VIDEO_IDwith the actual video id
IMAGE_URLwith the actual image URL. Delete “src=”IMAGE_URL” ” to use the default image URL in the ajax player.
- Change width and height to your desired size with the unit.
- Go to youtube embed code generator.
- Enter the video id or URL in the first field.
- Enter the desired height or width. The other field will be automatically calculated.
- Under advanced parameters check the “Load Async ” option.
- The “custom thumbnail field” will now be enabled. Enter the image URL there and hit generate code.
- Copy the code and use it wherever you want.
- Set a custom thumbnail for a youtube playlist embed.
- Disable HTML5 for youtube embed player or force flash