Steps to compress images to a specific size using Photoshop or Illustrator
We would be making utilize of Photoshop’s optimize images for web feature to compress images.
- Open Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator
- Click File > Open to open the photo you want to compress.
- Click File > Save for Web.
- On the right pane, click the little drawer icon next to the preset dropdown.
- Click on “Optimize to file size” and enter the required size in the pop up dialog box (in Kb).
- Click Ok to apply the selected settings.
- Finally hit save to compress the image.
Online Image Compression Websites
With Optimizilla you can compress upto 20 images at once. The tool will automatically set the compression level. However you can manually select the quality level of the compressed image. To do that, click on the thumbnail of an uploaded image. The settings pane will be visible now. Moving the quality level slider will instantly update the compressed file size indicator. They support both png and jpeg images. Open Optimizilla.
Compress Now is an easy to use website. The site supports GIF,PNG,JPEG,JPG formats for image compression. All you have to do is upload the image, move the slider for setting the compression level, click compress and hit download. There is an indicator which provide you the file size according to the selected compression level. Open compress now.
TinyJPG / TinyPNG
Like Optimizilla, they offer compression for jpeg and png images. You can save the image directly to dropbox or download it instantly. They offer developer API for image compression. They have a photoshop plugin which you can purchase for $50. Other products include a wordpress plugin and a Magento extension. Open TinyPNG.