Have you totally forgotten your Windows 7 password and locked yourself out? There’s not a single person living on this planet who never made this mistake ever in his life. If you are used to changing your computer password often then it is presumable that once in a while you may totally forget the password that you were using to encrypt and protect your computer.
While it is absolutely recommended by computer experts to change the password every month to maintain the privacy and security of your computer, it may get a little inconvenience since remembering those passwords will be a huge task.
But nothing to worry about since we have myriad of solutions to resolve this issue. Forgetting your own Windows 7 login password is not the end of your machine. You don’t even have to re-install operating system as it might end up damaging your computer more by erasing all the important data and software you had stored before locking out.
In this tutorial, we will show few ways to unlock your computer without losing any data at all. In fact, you won’t even have to install anything to recover your password. These methods are totally harmless to try and can be implemented by both beginner and advanced computer users. So, better hop in and learn how to reset Windows 7 login password so that you can regain access to your system.
Method #1: Using the Super Administrator Account.
Microsoft has provided this in-built feature with the latest Windows 7 computer where you can set up a Super administrator account that will have all the features and power of a normal administrator account and is specially designed to rescue you in case you forget your own computer password. This part is pretty simple to apply so simply follow these steps to unlock your computer.
- Turn on your computer and wait until the welcome screen is loaded.
- Press CTRL + ALT + Delete to activate the Super Administrator Account and select it to login to your computer. (Read: Windows shortcuts you must know)
- Go to the control panel followed by user profiles to change the password of the specific account for which currently you are locked out.
- Restart your PC and use the new password to login to your computer.
Note: If you didn’t setup a super administrator account before getting locked out then this method won’t work at all. In that case move on to the next method.
Method #2: Using Guest Account.
Guest accounts are often used for strangers to access your computer with limited permission that requires no password to login. In this part, we will use it to reset the main account password.
- Login to your computer using the guest account.
- Right click on My Computer and click Manage followed by “Users and Local Groups”.
- Find your username and set a new password for it.
- Restart your computer and input the new password to login.
That’s it. But if this method feels too then follow the next method to unlock your computer in only few clicks.
Method #3: Using UUkeys Windows Password Mate to Reset Windows Password
Windows Password Mate is a Windows password recovery software provided by UUkeys that helps to reset Windows 7 login and admin password. It is supported in all Windows version computer and it works in all brand of computer and laptops. It can reset password for both local and administrator password to give you the maximum flexibility and it is assured that no data will be erased by using this tool at all. Use the following procedure to unlock Windows 7 login password.
- Download the program from a distinct computer and save the file on a desired location.
- Insert a USB flash drive possibly with more than 500 MB storage and make sure to backup all file as the program will erase the flash drive totally.
- Launch the software and choose the USB flash drive name from the drop down menu and click on “Begin Burning”.
- When the burning process is completed, simply take the bootable flash drive and insert it on the locked computer.
- The computer will automatically load the files from the USB flash drive and you only have to select the operating system and the username that is presently locked out.
- Click on “Reset password” followed by “Reboot”.
- That’s all. You can now login to your computer without using any password at all.
So it is a conclusive proof that Windows Password Mate can be used to unlock any locked Windows 7, 8 and Windows 10 computer. It doesn’t matter how strong password you use to protect your computer, UUkeys Windows Password Recovery can erase and destroy any kind of password from the login screen making it easier for you to gain access to your computer. If you run into any issue then don’t forget to contact the dedicated support to get early assistance with any problem.