Unsplash is one of the best free repositories for beautiful high fidelity stock photos. With over two hundred thousand royalty-free photos (and ever rising), they are one of the largest stock photo repositories. Ever since I visited Unsplash for the first time, I have never looked elsewhere for desktop wallpapers or for beautiful placeholder images. If you’re like me who doesn’t like to stick with one wallpaper for long, this app would bring feast to your eyes!
Unsplash Wallpaper for Mac
Unsplash has officially made a menu bar application for Mac that will auto download unsplash wallpapers. The app is beautifully designed and so simple to use. You can download it from the link below.
Unsplashed: A free Windows application for Unsplash
Unsplashed is a free Windows 10 application that automatically downloads photos from Unsplash and sets them as wallpaper or lock screen background. With this app, you can set your preferences such as image resolution, category, search terms, update interval, etc. The app has a minimalist design and it looks great
- Download the Unsplashed app from the Microsoft Store.
- Launch the application and click the gear icon at the bottom right to launch settings.
- Set your update interval and choose whether or not to update the lock screen.
- Now click on the wine glass sort of icon next to the gear icon. This will launch the photo category settings page.
- Choose your desired resolution, photo category and enter one or more search terms in the input field.
For example, if you need to update your desktop with mountain wallpapers, enter mountains in the search term field.