Unsplash is one of the best free repositories for beautiful high fidelity stock photos. With over two hundred thousand royalty free photos, I can easily say that they are one of the largest stock photo repositories too! I am a big fan of this website and has never turned elsewhere when looking for desktop wallpapers or for placeholder images. I was also a great devotee to the idea of automatically downloading and setting wallpapers from Unsplash and I was on the verge of creating a desktop app myself until I found Unsplashed.
Unsplashed is a free Windows 10 application that automatically downloads photos from Unsplash and sets them as wallpaper or lock screen background. With this app, you can set your preferences such as image resolution, category, search terms, update interval, etc. The app has a minimalist design and it looks great!
To get started, follow the steps below.
How To Automatically Set Photos from Unsplash As Desktop Wallpaper?
- Download Unsplashed app from the Microsoft Store.
- Launch the application and click the gear icon at the bottom right to launch settings.
- Set your update interval and choose whether or not to update the lock screen.
- Now click on the wine glass sort of icon next to the gear icon. This will launch the photo category settings page.
- Choose your desired resolution, photo category and enter one or more search terms in the input field.
For example, if you need to update your desktop with mountain wallpapers, enter mountains in the search term field.
Learn how to automatically download new high-resolution photos from Unsplash.com and set as your windows wallpaper or lock screen background.
Splashpaper, an alternative for Unsplashed app
Splashpaper is a free windows app similar to Unsplashed. It allows you to set random wallpapers from Unsplash as your desktop/ lock screen background. Like Unsplashed you can select the desired categories in the settings but it lacks the search term feature present in Unsplashed. You can download Splashpaper from the Microsoft store from the link below.Download Splashpaper