MS Outlook is a preferably used email application due to its accuracy and prominent services. It facilitates multiple advanced features to the users. But, sometimes users confront a number of errors like Outlook .pst is not a personal folders file error messages is one of the usual ones. This error stated that the deficiency of PST, i.e. personal file folders which contains the PST data has been corrupted and cannot be accessible anymore. So, there can be multiple reasons behind the occurrence of this error. Furthermore, if you face this issue and wants to fix this. Then do not go hither and thither because you are at the correct place.
Here, in this article, we are going to explain the best approaches to repair and fix ‘Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Outlook PST is not a personal folders file error. But, before proceeding forward we explained the causes behind this Microsoft Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file error. Let’s take a look:
Possible Causes For Occurrence of Error in Outlook PST
There are various reasons behind this PST is not a personal folders file error. This error occurs due to corruption in Outlook data file, there could be so many factors to cause the corruption, like:
- Outlook program is highly infected by viruses and infections.
- MS Outlook has not configured appropriately.
- PST data file is exceeded more than its default size.
- Corruption in Windows registry settings.
Some Additional Reasons for the Error
- In case the user adds incorrect login credentials (ID and password).
- Mainly, when a user tries to take a copy of the PST data, as long as any other task is still processing in Outlook program.
- The inappropriate shutdown of the system.
- Read-only property of PST data file is enabled.
Fix Outlook PST is Not a Personal Folders File Error Manually
To resolve this PST related issue Microsoft facilitates an in-built utility such as SCANPST Inbox repair tool. This utility can easily scan corrupted Outlook PST files. So, in the oncoming section, we are going to discuss some simple steps to repair Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file using scanpst.exe utility. Simply, follow the below-listed steps in a sequential manner to get the desired results.
- Initially, choose the Start button to open the SCANPST utility.
- After that browse the corrupted PST file and then find out the PST location here:
- Now, apply scan and repair procedure on the damaged PST file.
- Finally, restart MS Outlook applications.
Repair PST is Not A Personal Folders File Issue Professionally
The users do not aware of the fact that the above-stated manual solution having some limitations. Basically, the Scanpst.exe utility is only able to fix minor corruption of PST file. In this scenario, you have to opt for Outlook PST Recovery Tool. This software is one of the best recovery software in comparison of others across the world. Mainly, this application furnishes efficient features like, it is capable enough to repair damaged PST file of Outlook with minor or major corruption simultaneously. It repairs PST files and restores PST as Office 365 or PST data items can be exported into PST, MSG, EML, or HTML file formats. Moreover, it furnishes an understandable user interface. So, a non-technical user can also utilize it without thinking twice. This Outlook PST File Recovery software does not associate with any kind of compatibility issue. It can resolve PST file issues like, Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file efficiently without any data loss. However, it supports all versions of Outlook and Windows Operating System. So, let’s learn how this application works:
Steps to Fix Microsoft Outlook PST File Issues
Here, are some simple steps to get rid of this tiresome errors in Outlook PST file. Fix Outlook PST is not a personal folders file efficiently without any data loss. Follow all of them in an effective manner to implement the repairing procedure perfectly:
- First of all, download and install Outlook PST Repair software and then go to Add File button.
- Here, you will view an Add File wizard with two options: Select File and Search File to browse the file.
- Hit on the Open button.
- Now, you will find the two scanning modes; one is Quick Scan another is Advanced Scan.
- Additionally, Quick mode to repair minor corruption and Advanced to fix major corruption in Outlook PST file.
- Select Add to add and PST file and proceed forward.
At last, the software will scan the file within a few seconds and provide a preview of all items in the PST file. Then the application will allow you to save the resultant PST data file items in multiple file formats such as PST, EML, HTML, MSG or in Office 365 account. Here, you can select any file format as per your wish.
Time to Conclude
With the help of a perfect method, you can easily repair this issue such as Outlook PST is not a personal folders file. All Outlook users know, the Microsoft provides an in-built utility to repair Outlook PST file related issues. But, that method is not working properly in some conditions. So, it is advised to go with Outlook Recovery software. Because this application fixes this Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file issue without data loss. Thus, it totally depends on you, its high time to take the right decision.