Also Read: Use your iPhone as a high-quality mic for PC
Steps to record sound from computer without a mic
- Open Control Panel and navigate to “Hardware and Sounds”. Then click on “Sound”. The sound dialog box will now appear.
- Now switch to the recordings tab. Right click on stereo mix option and click enable. Disable any other mics if any. If you don’t see the stereo mix option, read the FAQ given at the end of this post.
- Now right click on stereo mix and choose properties. Switch to the “levels” tab and set the stereo mix level to 50. This will help record sounds without any distortions.
- Click Ok to close the properties panel and again click ok to close the sound dialog box.
- Now open up your sound recorder. There is an app called “Voice Recorder” in windows 10 or you can download other from the windows store.
- Play the sound with maximum volume and hit record. Disable stereo mix once the recording is over. Re-enable the disabled mics(if any).
I don't have the stereo mix option
Try any of the following steps.
- If you cannot find the “Stereo Mix” icon on the “Recording” tab, right-click on an empty space within the box and click “Show Disabled Devices.” Right-click “Stereo Mix” and click “Enable” to turn the function on.
- Update your audio drivers.
- If you see an option called Mono Mix or Wave Out Mix instead of Stereo Mix,don’t worry because they all have the same functions
Can I use this trick to record music from streaming sites?
This trick will work for throughout windows regardless of what you do. But we don’t recommend ripping music from streaming sites.
I can hear distortions in my audio recording. How can I fix it?
Lower the stereo mix level in such a way that you get maximum sound with minimum or no distortions at all. You may record a few sample recordings to find out the best mic level. The ideal value is 50.
Can I use my system while the sound recording takes place?
Yes, but it’s not recommended since click sounds, alert sounds, etc. will get recorded as it happens.
I recorded the sound but I can't hear anything
Make sure to turn the system volume to maximum before attempting to record sound from computer.
- Remove passwords from PDF for free
- Ten windows 10 shortcuts that you can’t live without
- Monitor internet usage in windows 10
- Compress images to extremely small sizes using photoshop
Leave your thoughts and suggestions in the comments. Please share this post with your friends.